Sunday 24 March 2013

My First Card

I have always been interested in making things since childhood.


In September 2012 after attending a local craft group at Norton, my interest in card making was aroused. I now attend the club regularly and my enthusiasm for card making  has grown. I have now learned new skills from club members, reading magazines and looking on the internet.

This is the first card that I started to make at my local crafting club. I later finished it at home.

The Christmas Tree is hand stitched onto a piece of white card. I then blended the edges of the card with red ink. The snowflakes were stamped with a clear embossing pad and embossed with silver and gold powder. I think I may have gone over the top with the amount of snowflakes.

After adding a backing paper to my blank card I added my Christmas Tree, a bow and 4 gems.

Not the most complicated card but not bad for a first attempt at cardmaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment