Monday 25 March 2013

Anniversary Card

It's our 38th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow so rather than buy a card I decided to make a special card for my wife. I based the card on the 3D frame card that I have developed because they are so versatile and look so good. They take a bit of making but I think the results makes them worth while.

Anniversary Card - 2013

For those interested the construction details follow:

I have the template as a MS Publisher document stored on my computer. I print it out onto the back of the cardstock I am going to use. For this particular card I used some textured cardstock. For thicker cardstock I tend to use my old Epson DX3800 printer. It seems to handle the thicker cardstock better than the more modern Epson Stylus SX435W that I also have. If enough people are interested, I will try and put a tutorial onto my blog of how to construct the basic card.

Once printed, I cut it out, apply double sided tape or glue to the appropriate areas and fold it into a frame. I then cut a piece of backing card (approx 240gsm) to 11cm x 11cm and glue a suitable patterned backing paper to it. When this backing is glued into place, it helps stiffen the frame quite a bit.

At this point I then blended some Tim Holts Distress Ink - worn lipstick very lightly onto the frame using an applicator for more control. Heart with Birds is a Marianne die LR0186, corners and flowers are Lea'bilities dies Art. nr. 45.8558 and the small butterfly is from the Marianne die set LR0261. Since the photo was taken I have also added Inkssentials Glossy Accents to the Flower and Butterfly detail to give them better definition.

Needless to say, my wife loved the card and hopefully you also like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment