Tuesday 26 March 2013

Blog Heading

The Heading of my blog looks a bit plain so I though I would have a go at designing a new one to replace it. Easier said than done though.

I want something a bit out of the ordinary with my own stamp on it that reflects the type of crafter I am. I'm a bit of a magpie and when I make a card I always seem to make extra bits in case I need them to make another card. It soon became apparent after looking through my magpie stash of papers, embellishments and other bits and pieces that I had the makings of a Blog Header.

Rolling up my sleeves, I set to work and soon had a rough design more or less worked out in my head. Before turning in for the night, I had the basic background completed (shown below)  and the heading printed. Punching the border on the ivory cardstock took a few attempts to get it just right. I then blended around the edges with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink - scattered straw.



The middle cardstock was purchased from Touch Of Craft at The Great Northern Papercrafts Extravaganza at Harrogate. It is really nice and I was going to get some more but after looking on their website and it doesn't seem to be available. The die-cut corner embellishment and ribbon have not been permanently attached at the moment. It's getting quite late so I'm off to bed before I fall asleep. Hopefully I'll finish my Blog Header over the next few days when time permits and get it installed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi John now have your blog address in my favourites I am very impressed with your header you will have to show me how you got it on your blog. Its a lovely design well done on what you've done so far. When you get the gadgets on for followers by Google friend or e mail I'll sign up to be a follower Enjoy Easter and love to Angela
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete